The mission of Citizens of the World Los Angeles (CWC LA) is to provide a socio-economically, culturally, and racially diverse community of students in Los Angeles with an intellectually challenging, experiential learning environment that develops each student's confidence, potential, and individual responsibility as citizens of the world. CWC schools:
Our core values are embraced by the entire community:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, skilled and creative Behavior Intervention Implementation Associate (BII) to be a part of a team of educators working to provide a challenging and inclusive education for students with disabilities. The individual will be passionate about working with children with disabilities, have a commitment to a progressive and interdisciplinary approach to education and the desire to work within a highly collaborative staff culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as an organization serving a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
1. Supports instruction to individuals or small groups of students with special needs as assigned.
2. Assists students in prescribed learning activities.
3. Monitors student behavior and utilizes approved behavior management techniques to redirect and modify inappropriate behaviors
4. Administers one-on-one ABA-based Intensive Behavior Intervention methods to designated students in a school setting.
5. Implements documented therapy plans for Behavior Intervention treatment.
6. Monitors, observes, and reports behavioral data of students according to approved procedures.
7. Performs related tasks as required.
1. Completion of at least 48 semester units or 60 quarter units. Associate's degree preferred.
2. One year of paid or volunteer experience working with students with disabilities, including students with autism
3. Training in implementing Behavior Intervention techniques as well as demonstrated experience implementing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) based behavior intervention techniques.
4. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills as well as a desire to collaborate with various different stakeholders to help develop a whole-school community.
5. Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and can-do attitude.